Monday, June 1, 2015

DIY Growth Chart Ruler

 
 I have seen this done over and over again and wanted to make my own. With the rate that my kids grow I needed and wanted to measure their growth rate. Thanks to my awesome Husband, for encouraging me to do these and cutting the boards for me.  
 
These were simple, and I wanted to use Vinyl for the number and thought about using Sharpies for the lines, but then realizing that I think it would be better if I just used Vinyl on all of it.
I used Deck Staining that I found at the ReSTORE Habitat for Humanity store for guess how much $6.00 for a whole Gallon.
                      Here are the directions:

 Step 1: Stain Wood with Stain
 Step 2: Mark off 1 foot (6 times)
 Step 3: Mark off Inches ( by the way I marked off with Pencil
 Step 4:  Cut out Numbers on Die Cutting Machine, I used my Silhouette
                  *Otherwise you can buy vinyl numbers from your Craft Store or Hardward Store.
Step 5:  Cut the inch marks with cutter and scissors.

I'm super excited for the kids to see this and to start measuring them on the Growth Chart Ruler!
                                                        Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment